Monday, October 7, 2013

Book Cover Inspiration



The following bits of inspiration are for our upcoming e-book project. My project will be based on the title, Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte.

I like the idea of combining a field guide with the novel, at least in its design.


A foreign book design with colors I'm drawn to and an old-school feel.



Classy. Nice type treatment. 






















I enjoyed the simple, asymmetrical pattern of this cover. It seemed modern yet tied in with the past!


I own this book solely because of the cover design. The colors and design are vibrant and fun, but it seems old timey because it is done with embroidery.





















Keeping up with a floral theme.




I really like the way they handled their type here, coupled with the pattern.

A play on the traditional silhouette. I like the incorporation of hand lettering.

Can't go anywhere these days without seeing a Lolita redesign. So I went ahead and used one.








Old-timey, sophisticated feel I'm going for.



This has got to be one of my favorite covers. I may pursue something similar to this with the wild plants and flowers of the moorlands.


























I just had to include this because it's almost identical to a sketch I drew of Catherine's character for the cover.



This reminds me of William Morris. I'd like to incorporate some craft-inspired design into my own book cover.


Heck yes. Script.


Additional inspiration:
























1. fabric from the era
2. Christina's World
3. ombre book cover
4. moorlands of British Isles
5. diagonal layout






No comments:

Post a Comment